Deadlines are not always deadlines. There are a lot of positions that remain vacant. A number of vacant positions are filled via write-in votes, but not all. After an election is confirmed, the remaining vacancies can be appointed. Many times the appointed person in a vacancy will get elected in a future election. Check into vacant positions for:
- Precinct Committee Person
- School Board Member
- City & County Fire District, Library, Transportation and other Boards
Also, service on a city or county committees.
Run for Public Office. Not to late to be a candidate in the General Election. Qualify:
- by filing a completed individual electors petition containing the required number of valid signature,
- by convening an assembly of electors and filing the assembly minutes containing the required number of valid signatures,
- by being a candidate for a minor political party at a nominating convention held in accordance with state law.
- See information under ELECTION PROCESS.
- Oregon primaries were Tuesday May 17th, 2016.
- Oregon general election will be held on Tuesday November 8th, 2016.
- Filing Deadline:
~ March 8, 2016 (Major Parties)
~ between June 1 and August 30, 2016 General Election Candidate filing Deadline
- Voter Registration Deadline. April 26, 2016 for Primary, and October 16, 2016 for the General Election.
You can be the next representative, major, city council member, board member. What ever you pursue, help is available.
Check out training to run an effective campaign or be a campaign worker.
Click here for information on becoming a CANDIDATE OR VOLUNTEER.
No experience? No problem. Be a candidate for PRECINCT COMMITTEE PERSON!
Click here for more information on how to GET INVOLVED.
WHATEVER YOU DO – BE INFORMED AND GET INVOLVED!